A client required a practical non-expensive route planner/optimizer which would optimise a list of addresses, plus the ability to add stop/service times for each address.
Not much to ask? However I did manage to create one with Google sheets with a combination of formulas and scripts.
It’s not pretty but works pretty well
- First location is used as “From”, last location is used as “To”, the rest is used as waypoints, which can be optimised.
- Addresses must match on Google map platform, if your using a Google api to capture addresses on order or contact forms it won’t be an issue.
- When you open the sheet or enter new addresses it will take a few minutes to optimise.
- 2,500 free directions requests per day
- Up to 23 waypoints allowed in each request
- You must have a Google account, to copy the sheet to your Google Drive
- Delete empty waypoints when exported to Google Maps
If you find the Route Optimiser useful a donation would be nice to fund my daughters college fees